Liminal Horror Third Party License
This license allows anyone to make adventures, monsters, spells, content or mechanics for Liminal Horror and sell or publish for free.
If you follow these rules you are allowed to publish free or commercial material based upon or declaring compatibility with Liminal Horror without express permission from Goblin Archives LLC.
Without explicit permission, you may not:
- Copy or re-use the art of Liminal Horror, except those illustrations identified as public domain
- Use the Goblin Archives, Liminal Horror, or Exalted Funeral logos
- State or imply that your work is an official Liminal Horror product, or that it has endorsement from Goblin Archives
- Use, copy, and modify the text of Liminal Horror and the Liminal Horror SRD. Liminal Horror Core Text is licensed under CC-BY-SA-4.0.
- Use, reference, and modify the game rules and mechanics.
- Reference any locations, creatures, characters or factions mentioned in Liminal Horror
- You cannot make Liminal Horror NTFs.
- You cannot publish work under the Third Party License content that would generally be deemed bigoted or hateful towards minorities, marginalized identities, and/or oppressed classes of any kind. You can use Third Party License for work that critiques bigotry, fascism, TERFs, billionaires, white supremacy, and other oppressive forces.
The following text must be included somewhere visible within your publication, and on the website or storefront where you promote the product:
[Product name] is an independent production by [Author or Publisher] and is not affiliated with Goblin Archives LLC. It is published under the Liminal Horror Third Party License.
This copyright text must be legibly included somewhere on the product:
Liminal Horror is copyright by Goblin Archives LLC.
Goblin Archives LLC takes no responsibility for any legal claims against your product.
You are allowed and encouraged (but are not required to) use one of the “Compatible with Liminal Horror” logo in your product, and on the website or storefront where you promote the product.
Liminal Horror, CC-BY-SA 4.0 and the Third Party License
Liminal Horror started as a hack of Cairn. Both are written using the Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International — CC BY-SA 4.0. This means that you can copy and share the text as long as you properly attribute the sections and give those portions the same license.
What this means in practice?
- You can use any of the text, as is, within Liminal Horror Core Rules & SRD as long as those parts are attributed and licensed in the same way.
- It also means you can write your own adventure, reference rules and mechanics in your own way, and publish it using the Third Party License above and copywrite your portions of the text (if you want to).
Licensing language used the framework created By Odin’s Beard RPG for their Runecairn Third Party License.
Additional language and guidance from the MÖRK BORG Third Party License by Ockult Örtmästare Games and Stockholm Kartell.
Restrictions drawn from Creative Comrades License Agreement v0.3 by JN Butler Art.